Friday, March 14, 2008

We do not see things as they are, but as we are...

There is an excellent quote on attention in The Prepared Mind of a Leader by Bill Welter and Jean Egmon

“Attention is a requirement for the skill of observing. It is the filter through which we choose what to sense and what to make sense of”

Our sensory organs are keep on working in identifying or noticing something everyday and for the whole day. Lot of information collected by brain through these external factors. Processing of information inside brain happens in nanoseconds.

Though a lot we observe, only few attracts our attention. What are they? They are things you like or considered to be important and things which are strange or new.

I went to a dance show with my friend. After the program was over, we chatted about the show & the performers. My friend got fascinated by the stage settings and the ambiance, but I concentrated on dance steps because I love to watch dance. I hadn't showed much interest on the stage.

“We do not see things as they are, but as we are.”