Friday, August 27, 2010

Everyone wants to command, but...

As a young boy I used to hear what elders say.  When time goes, and I grew old - I gained experience, and I am now in a position to commend others.  But the elders remains the same & they still want to pass commands, which starts creating conflict of identity. This generally happens when the elders do not develop a mind set, which makes them understand that once a young boy is now able to make decisions of his own, and not changing same image as a boy. Problem exists not only on other side, it is in my side also. Though I possess enough skill, I haven't used it appropriately to change elder's mind & my image. I just thought it change over a period of time.

 

Same scenario is also there in organizations. When a college pass-out graduate joins, he is treated as fresher. Even after few years, he is still be treated as fresher as the mind set of manager does not change with time. This can be changed by making sure that your manager understands you developed the skills to work independently. It is your responsibility to make sure you are in right path to take next level of your career.

No comments:

Post a Comment